Skip to main content

I AM BLESSED IN THIS CITY

https://www.linkedin.com/in/loveth-chizinum-2a4886172I am blessed in the city
I am blessed in the city
 I say it to myself even when the situation deserves pity
Yes, for now I might not have plenty
 yet what blessing is there than being healthy

I am blessed in the city
my blessings spreads like wildfire
as though the city is my empire
with me the hopeless one's hopes
haters have no choice but to mope
I have no limits
even gravity permits

I am blessed in the city
I am not the richest yet I am not the poorest
I am among the courageous
yet I am never pompous
I love taking risks
yes I'm that wonder freak
My time is always meant for something on my future its doting

I am blessed in the city
because I believe in myself
also in the fact that I have a life
so as long as you are alive
Rise up and say to yourself
I am blessed in the city.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOCABULARIES UP MY SLEEVES

https://m.facebook.com/loveth.chizinum TODAY'S VOCABULARY FRILLS - things that are not necessary but are added to make something more attractive or interesting. POSSIBLE USAGE - There's was no need for the frills in my lauch.

The Stigma of Poverty.

lovethchizinum.blogspot.com "Poverty is like a disease, you're not cured until you are cured". Poverty sure comes with a stigma on the long run. One can get poor to a point where they no longer think or believe they can ever be anything beyond being poor. There are lots of people out there with this stigma already gaining grounds in their psychological disposition.  I had a conversation with one poor kid during my service year in the nysc and in the course of our conversation she told me she has dreams of going to america someday. As an average Nigerian kid such dreams are completely normal but the one thing wrong with this particular kid's dream is the fact that she thinks she can only achieve this dream when she dies. Now who achieves their dreams when they are dead? "Aunt, america is in heaven right when I die I will go to america", she said. Immediately a tear dropped from my eye and she was only 12 years old. Now her age was not the problem the pro...